Mobility Radeon 9000 roll back driver

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 27 14:58:01 UTC 2004

On Oct 27, 2004 at 15:23, Carles Cufi in a soothing rage wrote:

[TOP POSTING REARRANGED]

>>[...]
>> >Does anyone know
>> >how to get back to the original, out-of-the-box configuration that
>>came
>> >with Fedora and that was working very well? I'd rather avoid
>> >reinstalling the whole OS if possible.
>>Save you xorg.conf and reinstall the following rpms:
>>
>>xorg-x11-6.7.0-9
>>xorg-x11-libs-6.7.0-9
>>xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL-6.7.0-9
>>xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU-6.7.0-9
>>
>>Then restore your xorg.conf.
>
>Hi,
>
>Thanks for replying.
>
>I tried reinstalling all those xorg* rpms, and the kernel rpm too...
>Still, no luck. This ATI driver really did something to my machine. But
>can't figure out what.
>Do you have any other suggestion?
What command did you use for reinstalling the rpms? The ATI driver
will only add fglrx module and change the Mesa libraries. You could
try reinstalling all the xorg rpms you have installed and reboot.

N.Emile...
Stuff Happens.
10:52:12  up 121 days,  4:06,  5 users,  load average: 5.00, 5.00, 4.94