Downloaded updates from FC2

Jacob L E Blain Christen dweomer+fedora at entheal.com
Wed Oct 27 18:39:53 UTC 2004

Josimar Nunes de Oliveira wrote:
> Hello everybody, How to keep updated many workstations and servers
> from an updated machine or something like a "service pack", to avoid
> download traffic ? I would have only one machine with most recently
> downloaded updates from FC2 and then all internal machines in my
> interprise would point to it to get that updates. Does someone know
> how and would help me to do this ? Thanks, Josimar Nunes de Oliveira
> CEFET-SP/Brasil

haven't taken the time to try and learn yum yet, but using it's
predecessor up2date, you can configure it to keep all downloaded
packages (as well as the place you want them saved, default is
/var/spool/up2date).  i do this at home with nfs and my multiple
boxes. if all your machines point to the same networked directory
on your intranet, when you run up2date itll recognize any packages
already downloaded and not attempt to redownload them (originally
up2date was broken in this respect, way back when).  hope that helps.

on another note, you might look into setting up a fedora updates
mirror locally and pointing your other machines to it.
--
jacob