NFS

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Fri Oct 29 11:23:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 07:21 -0400, Littleguru wrote:
> OK , thanks
> I am going to create a group and add the users on that group .
This still may not work perfectly, I think you may still require the
user to be on both machines (at least an account with the same UID), but
I can't remember if the access restriction, is local or remote...

> but what is the difference between syn and rsync ?

I believe this is related to whether the data is sent straight to disc
or not.

man exports or man exportfs
That should give you much more info.

--