how to install adaptec scsi card on Fc2

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Sep 1 07:40:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 10:24, walkanaers at noos.fr wrote:
> my boot is on the IDE , I have an adaptec controler and a disk.
> I make one partition on the disk with mk2fs.

Don't you mean mke2fs? That doesn't create a partition, it creates a
filesystem.

What is the current output of:

fdisk -l /dev/sda

> In the fstab I put dev/sda1/     vfat.

You mean "/dev/sda1 vfat" ?

Why vfat when you created an ext2 partition?

> How can I create a mounting point on the scsi disk if I have no repository on the scsi disk and I can not mount the disk because

Decide what directory you want to mount your SCSI disk as. Let's call it
/myscsi

Create a directory /myscsi (mkdir /myscsi)

If you have correctly set up the partition and filesystem on your drive,
you should now be able to mount it (mount /dev/sda1 /myscsi)

If that works, you can safely add an entry to /etc/fstab

/dev/sda1 /myscsi ext2 defaults 1 2

Your SCSI disk will then be mounted every time you boot.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>