yum-applet-gui non-functional

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Sep 1 10:48:11 UTC 2004

Listman wrote:
> Try yum from the terminal first.
> I had to import the gpg keys for the rpms on a recent install as well.
> That may be your issue as well, but I don't use the gui for updates any
> more.

yum on the terminal works fine. I just wanted the applet to show me if there
were any updates, which it doesn't.

I have the "yum" service turned on too so the automatic updates get done; it's
a cosmetic issue really, though I can't get the applet GUI to fire up at all,
even starting it directly from the command line.

I have the GPG keys installed already because autorpm requires them too.

Paul.