Problem with xemacs installed from a rpm of the DVD Fedora Core 2

Stephane Dellacherie steph_dellacherie at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 1 15:26:27 UTC 2004

By using the advices of James W. (see fedora-list
Digest, Vol 6, Issue 253), I succeded to install
xemacs from the DVD of the Fedora Core 2 by using the
commands

Go into a terminal as root:
mount /mnt/cdrom
(assuming that's your DVD drive)
cd /mnt/cdrom/Fedora/RPMS
rpm -Uvh Canna-libs-3.7p1-6.i386.rpm
xemacs-sumo-20040202-4.noarch.rpm
\
xemacs-common-21.4.15-5.i386.rpm
xemacs-21.4.15-5.i386.rpm \
apel-xemacs-10.6-2.noarch.rpm

I installed xemacs from the directory /root with the
previous rpm commands. Then, everything is correct
with xemacs if I go into a terminal as root.

But, if I open a file from the /home/dellache
directory with xemacs as a user being not the root,
xemacs opens the file but says that :

(1) (initialization/error) An error has occurred while

Symbol's function definition is void:
global-font-lock-mode

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate the
cause of the error
in your initialization file and remove it.  Use the
`-debug-init' option
to XEmacs to view a complete error backtrace.

Another information : there is no .xemacs and .emacs
directory in the /root (and in the /home/dellache)
directories : then, it seems impossible to find any
file init.el to put into any .xemacs directory in the
/home/dellache directory !

Thank you to help me !!!

Stéph