Filtering/storing outgoing mail...

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Thu Sep 2 16:27:49 UTC 2004

Dear all,

I would like to filter, or at least just store, any outgoing mail
message, not at a client level, but eventually at a lower level.

For instance, it would be enough to instruct postfix some way so that it
stores outgoing messages permanently somewhere before sendind them. They
usually stay for a while in /var/spool/mqueue, but when they are
actually send are removed from there.

I don't want to rely on the client, because I could change it sometime
(and I actually did it many times). I rather prefer a "system" solution.
Clearly, a per-user solution would be better in order to prevent users
to look at each other's mail, just like it happens with
/var/spool/mail/<user>.

Many thanks in advance.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico