HOSTNAME

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 2 17:44:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 07:50:06AM -0400, Bob Chiodini wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 08:45, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > On Wednesday 01 September 2004 13:35, malik malik wrote:
> > > goto start > system settings > network
> > >
> > > there select DNS tab and enter ur hostname.
> > Sorry man, I know about that one, I was actually referring to the physical
> > file as I don't have a gui on the server. Some linux distro's keep it in a
> > file called /etc/HOSTNAME but were is it set in fedora 1?
>
> /etc/sysconfig/network

When changing the host name I have found this type
of double check to be valuable.

  # find /etc/ | xargs grep old.hostname.com
  # find /etc/ | xargs grep `hostname`
 slightly better...
  # find /etc/ -print0| xargs0 grep `hostname`

I have found that printcap, squid, sendmail, and a host of other files...
contain references to the host name.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Just say no to 74LS73 in 2004