SCSI tape drive with Adaptec adapter...

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 3 02:31:21 UTC 2004

Gregory Gulik wrote:

 > Jeff Vian wrote:
 >
>> duh Oh!
>>
>> He said he only has one scsi device.  All the others he mentioned are
>> USB (scsi emulation) and do not use the scsi adapter.
>>

 > I did locate an old SCSI CD-ROM drive and put it in.  It's not being
 > recognized at all.  So either the problem is the card or the driver. Now
 > I need to try to figure out which it is.
 >
 > *SIGH*

Sounds like you're grasping for straws, so here's a straw:

I recently had a case of an Adaptec 2940 with tape and acanner attached
doing some weird crap. The fix was popping the motherboard battery out
of its socket and temporarily jumpering the pins that cause CMOS to be
cleared. This was an ASUS A7N8X - deluxe Ver 2.0 m/b.
YMMV

--
Fools rush in -- and get the best seats in the house.

  21:30:00  up 11 days,  8:45,  7 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.04, 0.11
      One billion seconds ago it was 18:43:20 CST Mon 12/25/72

Repeat after me: "The primary purpose of any government
entity is to employ the unemployable."