Skype

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Fri Sep 3 07:34:16 UTC 2004

Igor Antonacci wrote/ha scritto, On/il 02/09/2004 23:39:
>>Has someone successfully run Skype TCP/IP telephone
>>system on Fedora 2???
>

> Yes me (and I'm an Italian, too :))...
>

>>It rings, but i do not hear the correspondent voice
>>in the
>>loudspeakers.....and it often freezes, especially if
>>I try to kill a dial...
>>Any experience???
>

> It's a bit unstable...but playing with Kmix,
> you can fine-tune audio settings...
>
> Try to open an UDP port on your firewall...probably
> it's a network problem
>
> Igor.

Tnx Igor,

it is not a question of firewall, as on my sister network at office,
Skype works on Linux!!!

I wonder if loudpeaker have been connected to line output and not
loudspeaker output on my veteran Soundblaster....
Tonight I will check!!!

  Antonio

  Working with Mozilla 1.7.2 on Linux Fedora Core 2
    Utilizzo Mozilla 1.7.2 su Linux Fedora Core 2