sound problem

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 12:03:10 UTC 2004

Thornton wrote:
> I am having a problem with my sound card.  It just doesn't play anything
> anymore in any app.  Basically its dead.  I tried to detect sound card
> and it located it, clicked
> test sound and nothing plays.  It used to work fine.  I haven't
> installed anything new or anything like that.  Just the up2date
> updates.  Could any of them effected my sound.  I am using a
> asus mb w/ a nvidia sound card.

Nvidia. Any chance that you're using the Nvidia closed-source drivers?

(If you're not sure, post the results of running /sbin/lsmod and
the contents of /etc/modprobe.conf, or /etc/modules.cond if you're on
FC1.)

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Went to see the Rugby. Swansea are still sponsored
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | by EDS. They are still dropping the ball, fumbling