chroot not working against other distributions

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Fri Sep 3 18:29:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Jean Francois Martinez wrote:

> I have some tools on a Debian partition and I used to access them
> with a chroot (from a Mandrake partition) but this doesn't work
> from Fedora
>
> Instead I get this message
>
> "Inconsistency detected by ld.so: rtld.c: 1192: dl_main: Assertion
> `(void *) ph->p_vaddr == _rtld_local._dl_sysinfo_dso' failed!"
>
> If I try to chroot from Fedora to a Mandrake partition I get a
> segmentation fault.
>
> I thought it could be related to ,prelink so I made a
> prelink -ua but to avail.
>
> Any clues?

If you are doing 'chroot /mnt/debian-partition' from Fedora and get the
above error, it's something between the Fedora kernel and the Debian
glibc. Pick whichever one is older and blame it. :)

One thing I would try right away would be 'chroot /mnt/debian-partition
/sbin/ldconfig' and seeing if that helped.

Cheers,
-- Elliot
The daring is in the doing

http://people.redhat.com/sopwith/