FC2 on Compaq Presario 2585 US anyone???

Øyvind Stegard oyvinst at ifi.uio.no
Sun Sep 5 09:29:31 UTC 2004

H U N G S T E R wrote:
> Has anyone succesfully installed FC2 on a Compaq Presario 2585 US laptop?

> Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools
> and more! <http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUS/2746??PS=47575>

Perhaps this one's close enough, hardware-wise:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/jasongodden/linux_2568ap.html

It's not 2585, but should not be too far from it. I use FC2 on a Compaq
Presario 920EA, and it all works great, except for 3D hardware
acceleration, which isn't supported on the Radeon 320/340IGP, afaik.
(ACPI suspend almost works, only some problems with the ALI IDE controller)

Boot your laptop with some live CD distro (a recent Knoppix is a good
choice), do an 'lspci', and compare the output with the list on the link
above, to see any significant hardware differences, if there are any.

http://www.linux-laptop.net/

Øyvind
--
< Øyvind Stegard <oyvinst (at) ifi uio no>
  < University of Oslo, Dept. of informatics