Network device on IRQ 10 after kernel recompile

Juan L. Pastor seguridadlinux at yahoo.es
Sun Sep 5 18:27:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 15:43, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> > Unfortunately when I recompiled the kernel (2.6.6-1.435.2.3), the system
> > is unable to bring up interface eth0. It disables IRQ 10, which
> > according to the HW detection is shared by USB 2.0 EHCI controller and
> > the network controller. This is the log for this kernel:
>
> What did you change with the kernel recompile?

My comparison is done to the kernel that was loaded when I firstly
installed Fedora Core 2, so I don't know which options were choosen, or
at least I don't know where to find them.

> You preserved the IRQ 10 for non-PCI, so it is not used. Be sure your
> BIOS is set to "PnP OS = no".

I will check this point.

> > I guess I'm missing some option when I recompiled the kernel. Any
> > suggestion?
>
> Do a diff between the Fedora kernel config and yours to see what you
> mangled.

Where can I find the original Fedora kernel config?

> Maybe play with kernel boot parameters like "acpi=off apm=on".

I will also try that. In fact, what is the relationship between acpi
and/or apm activation in Fedora Core 2 kernel and the BIOS setup?

Thanks for your help.

Juan