lm_sensors not working with fc-2 -

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Sun Sep 5 22:25:02 UTC 2004

Bob Goodwin wrote:

> I used gkrellm to display sensor information with RH-9 but after
> installing FC-2. I can't seem to make "sensors" work.
>
> I messed with it a little more earlier and now I have this much when I
> enter sensors at the command line ~
>
> # sensors
> eeprom-i2c-0-52
> Adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter at 7000
> Memory type:            SDR SDRAM DIMM
> Memory size (MB):       128

looks like you selected SMBus instead of  ISA when you ran
sensors-detect. I have never had any luck getting the SMBus access to
the sensors to work on any machine I have tried. Re-run sensors-detect,
say 'no' to scanning the SMBus,  and select 'yes' to scan the ISA bus.
Take the output and apply it to your system, run 'sensors -s' and then
'sensors'. You may need to tweak your /etc/sensors.conf  file to get
more accurate readings.