howto sign kernel modules?

Georg Wittig Georg.Wittig at ZV.Fraunhofer.de
Mon Sep 6 13:01:16 UTC 2004

Hello list,

to encrease the security of my laptop I use the boot time option
"enforcemodulesig" (FC2, kernel 2.6.8-1.521). Works fine for me. To
encrease security even more, I use the Cisco VPN-Client. In order to do
that, I need to load a Cisco specific kernel module first. Of course
this only works, when I don't use the enforcemodulesig boot time option.
So to encrease security I need to work in a less secure environment. :-/

Does anyone know how I can sign that module such that the FC2 kernel
will accept it? Thanks for your help.

Georg Wittig

--
/"\ ASCII ribbon   | Georg Wittig, FhG - Georg.Wittig at zv.Fraunhofer.de
\ / campain against|