FC2 Problems with RAID 1 - 2 Haddisks

Rebecca Gruber drbash at gmx.at
Mon Sep 6 17:32:14 UTC 2004

I'm using an Dawicontrol DC-150 Controller with  Silicon Image Chip SiI3114.
For the Test with a Promise Controller I have used the onboard Fasttrack 100
IDE Controller and I had the same Problem. This dirver is probably not in
beta state.
(My Mainboard is a Tyan Tiger 200T with one P3 CPU.)

It can't be a problem with SATA - it's the same with the IDE Controller. The
plan was to use a cheap SATA Controller, but if it doesn't work I'll buy an
Escalade... :)

> SII doesn't have the RAID Function (Libsata) coz the drivers for Linux are
> still in beta version, so you can't use this kind of controller for
> hardware
> RAID . Same problem with SATA 150 with Promise.
>
> You won't get any problem with 3Ware controller 7000 - 8000 series
>

> Laurent van der Straten
> Network administrator
> Web administrator
>

> UniPress Europe
> Rue Théodore Verhaegen, 196-202
> 1060 Brussels
> Tel : +32 2 533 99 84
> Fax: +32 2 523 24 96
> Mail : laurent at unipress.be
> Website : www.unipress.be

NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail