tpb/xosd stopped working

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Sep 7 23:33:14 UTC 2004

The ThinkPad Buttons and XOSD app work together to display onsscreen
indicators when you press function buttons on a ThinkPad.

Recently, there was an update to the Fedora Extras xosd RPM from 2.2.8 to
2.2.10.  Ever since (I think), the buttons don't display status on the
screen.  I can work around the problem by stopping and restarting the tpb
button after logging in.

My questions:

(1) Anyone else noticed this?

(2) Does anyone have a copy of the Fedora Extras xosd-2.2.8 RPM?  (Not
Dag's--they are put together very differently.)  fedora.us doesn't seem to
have older versions of their RPMs archived anywhere accessible.

TIA.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences