CD-ROM proplem

Bill Tetens zuki269 at netscape.net
Wed Sep 8 00:36:13 UTC 2004

I have a DVD ROm in my box but totme has a problem and will not work.
The DVD is a Sony but will have to take it out to get the model number.

When I use the hardware browser it shows the DVD as follows:
Manufacture  DVD-ROM
Driver none or builtin
Device  /dev/hdb

When I use the terminal command df -h I get the following:

/dev/hda2
/dev/hda1
none 506M  0  506M 05.dev/shm

Where I was reading showed a entry line of /dev/cdrom which does not
appear on mine

My question is if my DVD Rom is mounted or even where the box recognizes
it.  I thought that maybe this would be my problem with totem not
working but do not yet have enough info to tell.

Thanks