FC2 - not recognizing CDROM during installation

Greg Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Thu Sep 9 13:15:22 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 12:28, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mi, den 08.09.2004 schrieb Greg Ennis um 19:19:
>
> > I am using a 500 megahertz PC with a 20 gig seagate IDE drive and a
> > SAMSUNG CDROM.  I am able to boot to the installation disc's of FC2
> > without problems, but when the installation begins I get a warning
> > message that the CDROM can not be found.
>
> > Greg Ennis
>
> Try "cdnodma" or "ide=nodma" as boot parameters for installation.
>
> Alexander

Alexander,

Thanks much!  I tried "ide=nodma" and it worked fine.  Could you direct
me to an explaination of your answer so that I could understand what is
happening?

Unfortunately when instalation image was downloaded to disc I got
another error notification of inadequate disc space.  This can not be
correct.  I am not sure what is happening yet, and did not have enough
time last night to try to debug it.

Thanks again!

Greg