up2date server

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Sep 9 14:21:12 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 09.09.2004 schrieb Thornton um 10:47:

> What are some good up2date servers to connect?  I am just using the
> default list and it seems to freeze on some of the servers from time to
> time...

First, please do not reply to existing list mails while you want to
start a new topic. You replied and this caused your mail to appear in
the thread "bad sharing IRQ" - this is called thread hijacking and makes
it harder to follow discussions, and your posting can likely to be
overviewed.

On FC2 - I assume you use that release - up2date uses a mechanism to
randomly choose mirror servers. Please go the to Fedora Project website
and observe the mirrors list. Then edit /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources and
place in a few mirror servers near you. And comment the entries which
are already in the file. Which mirrors are best for you is hardly to be
said, for obvious reasons. For some inspiration and background
information you might read

http://www.fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 16:16:30 up 10 days, 13:33, load average: 0.06, 0.12, 0.18