Observation on FC2/Help on FC1

usmany at excite.com usmany at excite.com
Fri Sep 10 11:32:56 UTC 2004

Hi Guys,
I observered FC2 has more problem than FC1 as other users are having different types of problems.
I am new to redhat linux but find it very good and reliable than other os so far... I am using FC1 on my network servers and seem appreciating it.
I have little problem with one of the servers that I set as secondary server.... if I connect the server/system to the network, its slow down and consume all my bandwidth by transmitting almost 80 to 90% of my total bandwidth.
I disconnected the system from the network trying to trobleshoot and make inquiry on what is making it behave that way while others that I set not behaving as same.
When I was using win2k advanced server, I use to collect logs of port scanning from other networks on my firewall logs database.
Guys what could be the problem and how to troubleshoot the system (FC1).
Thanks