Nat Doesn't Work

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Sep 10 13:57:42 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 10.09.2004 schrieb edwarner99 at yahoo.com um 14:20:

> I had to rebuild my machine. I'm running Fedora Core
> 2.
> This machine is the firewall, router and DHCP for the
> others that sit behind it.
>
> If I reboot or if my DSL line goes down, the only way
> I can get the other machines behind the firewall
> access to the internet is to manaully restart
> firestarter.

Certainly you did configure firestarter to use a setup which does not
reflect changes of the dial-in IP. The direct way to fix this situation
is to rework the rulesets. At least check the NAT rule whether it
contains the current IP of the outgoing device. The trivial workaround
is to call a firestarter restart through /etc/ppp/ip-up.local.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 15:54:15 up 11 days, 13:10, load average: 0.77, 0.90, 1.06