selinux version

Michael Dykman michael at dykman.org
Fri Sep 10 18:37:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 09:39, Stephen Smalley wrote:

> libselinux 1.11 was the version included in FC2, and I don't think that
> there have been any updates to libselinux for FC2.  FC3/test1 included
> libselinux 1.14, and 1.15 subsequently appeared in FC3/devel, but the
> latest in FC3/devel is 1.17.  I don't know where you are getting 1.15
> from.  What is in your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file?
>
> --
> Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>
> National Security Agency

The only uncommented lines in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources are as follows,
and suggest to me that I am indeed on the Core 2 channels.

yum fedora-core-2
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/$ARCH/os/
yum updates-released-fc2
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/2/$ARCH/

yum-mirror fedora-core-2
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/fedora-core-2
yum-mirror updates-released-fc2
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/updates-released-fc2

I have had one other issue with the machine having libselinux 1.15.1-1,
which is that Gnome is completely broken for all users except 'root' (no
splash-screen, broken icons, tiny empty task bar in an odd place, many
gnome apps unable to launch) and I've had a hunch for awhile that the
problem is one of permissions.  Any thoughts on the possibility that an
incompatible selinux could be responsible for this?

--
 - michael dykman
 - michael at dykman.org