KDE and GNOME don't get along

Dana-Renee Lee fedora-list at anadromada.net
Fri Sep 10 20:17:53 UTC 2004

I am curious if you selected all at the bottom of the package install?
If you did not, The powers over what is installed when you pick individual
packages
Leave a lot of applications out of the selections you can install!!!

I found this out by accident as I selected every package allowed but did not
Select install all at the bottom and found by selecting the individual
packages
One by one you do not get to install about another GB of applications.
Selecting
Packages your self gives you between 5 and 5.5 GB's of applications but
If you select all you get about 6.5GB of apps.

It is obvious the powers prefer to not allow an installer access to all apps
Unless you install ALL BY CHECKING THE INSTALL "ALL" AT THE BOTTOM!!!!

I strongly believe this needs to be changes to allow a user to randomly
install
Any and all application they may desire along with not having default
Windows system
But make the user select at least one such as KED instead of just installing
GNOME.
If non is selected then a non-graphical user interface is selected.

Renee Lee