to newcomers: please try to solve the problem yourself before asking

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Sep 11 03:36:25 UTC 2004

--On Friday, September 10, 2004 8:51 PM -0600 Dana-Renee Lee
<fedora-list at anadromada.net> wrote:

> If I was a new comer to Fedora I would find this message VERY
> OFFENDING!!!! This list exists because of new comers and old comers using
> Fedora!!!

Did you read ESR's article? You might check out this part in particular:

<http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#not_losing>

Perhaps you're an expert on every topic on this list and have nothing else
to do but answer every question posed here. I don't have that kind of
wide-spread expertise nor the time, so I skim and answer the few questions
that I see that seem new and interesting. Marius is simply providing
concise instructions on how to make a newcomer's efforts most effective.