3 hard drives as 1

Markku Kolkka markkukolkka at kolumbus.fi
Sat Sep 11 09:27:04 UTC 2004

Ragnar Wiencke kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika lauantai, 11.
syyskuuta 2004 03:20):
> 1    I created Linux partitions on the empty spaces on each
> drive (hda2, hdb2 and hdd2)
> 2    Then I ran pvcreate on each /dev/hdx2
> 3    Then I ran vgcreate vg01 /dev/hda2

You could have done "vgcreate vg01 /dev/hda2 /dev/hdb2 /dev/hdd2"
and skipped the vgextend calls.

> 4    Then I ran lvcreate -l4 -nlv01 vg01
> 5    Then I ran vgextend vg01 /dev/hdb2 and vgextend vg01
> /dev/hdd2

You should have done the lvcreate command _after_ you have all
the physical volumes in your volume group. Now you have to use
lvextend to resize your logical volume. Run

vgdisplay vg01 | grep "Total PE"

Check the reported Total PE number and use that in the next
command

lvextend -l <PE number> lv01

> And now I don't know what to do next. I wanted to mount the 25
> GB on /drif which I already had created. But how?

Create a filesystem on the logical volume:

mke2fs -j /dev/vg01/lv01

Then mount it:

mount /dev/vg01/lv01 /drif

(You should move the mount point off the / directory to be FHS
compliant)

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka at iki.fi