to newcomers: please try to solve the problem yourself before asking

Marius Andreiana mandreiana at rdslink.ro
Sat Sep 11 10:34:57 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 00:17 -0700, Tom Taylor wrote:
> If you don't have the time why don't you stay off the list.
>
> Some of us enjoy answering questions or can supply answers in a different way
> than another answer would infer.  Think about the fact that not all questions
> are from newbies and not all Google/RTFM answers make sense to everyone.
Yes, that's why the original mail said
"In maximum 5 minutes of your time you could find the answer, probably
learning more. If no answer found or still unclear, ask here."

I personally like to research the problem myself first, as I learn more
than just getting the answer from someone. I learn why that's the
correct answer, what are possible alternatives, what I did wrong before.

If Dana-Renee Lee doesn't like that, she can always ask people around
for solutions. Hope she doesn't ever have an emergency or a test when
looking for a job on IT support.

--
Marius Andreiana
Galuna - Solutii Linux in Romania