Evolution 2.0

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Sep 11 10:45:39 UTC 2004

Am Samstag, den 11.09.2004, 19:26 +1000 schrieb Colin Charles:
[...]

> Also, since Fedora Core is at the cutting edge of development, should we
> be wasting developer time on backporting Evo 2.0 for FC2, when we can
> make it better for FC3?
>
> Of course, if you or anyone else would like to take on such a task,
> there's always room for such thing

Sometimes I think this is something we need. IMHO there are a lot of
people that like to use/try/beta-test new program versions but don't
want the use rawhide. I'm sometimes one of those cause the downloads are
to heavy for me at home cause I have a volume based Internet account.

[skipping some length description with details, pro and contra arguments
and the description on the current situation (people.redhat.com, new kde
version at kde.org and so forth). If there is interest in this I can
post these sort of things, but I think we should discuss this then
directly at fedora-devel]

I would volunteer to do such "backporting" from rawhide to current Core-
Version, but currently fedora has no place for this and I don't want to
open an own repository ;-) I brought this on fedora-devel some months
ago, but there was not much interest then. Maybe we should wait for the
new build-system and bring it on topic then again.