Cron question

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 19:26:45 UTC 2004

J.L. Coenders wrote:
> I want to make a backup every night by rsyncing everything to a second disk.
> I have worked out that you need to do this with cron.

You've been given lots of good advice, but no-one's pointed out that
cron is already set up to run every script in /etc/cron.daily at 4.20
each morning. So just put a script in there.

A basic PATH is already set up for you: make sure that the script is
executable.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."