FC1 -> Fedora Legacy / yum.conf implications

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Mon Sep 13 11:59:07 UTC 2004

According to http://fedora.redhat.com/, the transfer of FC1 to the
Fedora Legacy Project is scheduled for today, Sept. 13, 2004.

There may be many people who need some help with modifying their
yum.conf to accomodate the change. I'll post my yum.conf as soon as
Fedora Legacy indicates they have the repos set up. Some folks hold
their yum.conf like good fishing holes, and that can cause some
frustration among new users, just trying to get their "red exclamation
thingy" to turn into a "blue checkmark thingy." <grin>

This may become one of those questions that get asked over and over,
depending on how many users keep FC1 on their machines, rather than
jumping on the upgrade treadmill. So I'll try to get a tutorial together
as soon as the repos become available.

Clint