IBM T23 built-in wireless crashes under heavy load.

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Sep 13 16:02:04 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 19:40, Julian Underwood wrote:
> This problem did not occur when I built the linux-wlan project drivers
> when I was running Redhat 9 on my T23.  What I do know is that with
> Fedora Core 1 & 2, under heavy load my built-in wireless card will crash
> if it is either sending or receiving full-bore.  The drivers for the
> card are the Fedora supplied ones for a Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset.  When
> the problem occurs, basically the wireless card dies, the whole laptop
> becomes unusable (VERY slow).  Has anyone else experienced this?  Does
> anyone know of a work-around other than installing the linux-wlan
> project drivers?

I have a T23 and did use the wlan-ng drivers in RHL-9 with no problems.
My WAP died, so I have not enabled use of the wireless in FC2 but I'll
buy another WAP in a few days. I'd be happy to help you test this.

How did you set up the wireless in FC2?

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>