a humble suggestion for newbie guidance

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 13 19:34:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Christofer C. Bell wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 05:27:07 -0400 (EDT), Robert P. J. Day wrote
>> undoubtedly making myself even more unpopular, let me throw out a
>> short suggestion that will help newbies acclimate themselves here
>> more quickly.
>
> [ . . . snipped for the sake of brevity . . . ]
>
>>    thoughts?
>
> Yes, you've posted a long rant telling us how much top posting,
> "URGENT HELP PLS!!!", and long signatures piss you off...

and i mention it because top posting (and HTML posts) are easily the
most common aggravations, not only on red hat-related mailing lists,
but on most mailing lists of which i'm a member.  and if new members
could be told right up front not to do such things, the world would be
a better place.

feel better now?

rday