Configuring Sendmail

Patrick McSwiggen Pat.McSwiggen at uc.edu
Mon Sep 13 21:31:23 UTC 2004

Chris Logan wrote:
> Well what I want it to do is to have:
>
> fred at your.domain
> jim at your.domain
> bob at your.domain
>
> All have there own separate email accounts but how do I do that
> without creating a new linux user each time?

And are these to be read by three separate real people? If so, then it
only makes sense to create separate accounts. How else will they each
get independent access to their mail? However, if these are pseudo
accounts to be read by one person (one person with many "hats"), but
you do want to keep the incoming mail for each isolated from each
other, then you can use aliases on the front end to get them delivered
to the same account and filters on the back end to sort them into
separate mailboxes in the (one user's) mail folder.

Patrick D. McSwiggen                            pat.mcswiggen at uc.edu
Mathematical Sciences                            513-556-4080
University of Cincinnati                         513-556-3417 FAX