where to start to set up wireless?

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Mon Sep 13 23:55:13 UTC 2004

I have a Compaq Presario 2197CA with built-in wireless b/g. All works
perfectly in Windows, of course, but nothing is autodetected or set up in
Fedora Core 1 or 2.

Where do I start trying to track down information on how to get it working?
None of my searching has gotten me one bit closer to knowing how to set it up
or knowing if it is impossible to set up.

A step-by-step list with intense detail would be greatly appreciated.
Something like:

1. get application x and run it to detect what kind of wireless card/chip you
have
2. download driver y for that card/chip
3. etc...

Thanks!