problem with 200GB hard drive

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Tue Sep 14 03:34:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 09:41, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 13 September 2004 11:47, Jim Patterson wrote:
> >I am trying to install a 200GB hard drive and I can run fdisk and
> > create the partition and then run mkfs.ext3 and format the
> > partition, but whenever I try to mount the partition I get an error
> > "to many files mounted or bad block on file system".  If I decrease
> > the size of he partition to 140GB then I can mount it, increase to
> > 160GB and then I can't.  If I create one partition 130GB and
> > another partition 70GB then I can mount both.
> >Any ideas what could be causing this,  I thought that if a computer
> > had a problem with 137GB hardrives it simply wouldn't allow
> > creation of a 200GB partition.

> This problem will probably go away if you update to FC2.  I just
> installed a 200GB drive here, all except the first 2GB as one
> partition for amanda to kick the sand around in.  The first 2GB is my
> swap.

Mount Type Partition   PercentCapacity    Free         Used      Size
/home ext3 /dev/hda2  18%     		    139.66 GB 32.87 GB 181.77 GB

hda: WDC WD2000JB-75DUA0 (Capacity: 186.26 GB)

Are you mounting the correct partition?

This is on an old RH8 box.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel