FAQ?, dynamic-link.h problem

Jaime Davila jdavila at hampshire.edu
Tue Sep 14 14:56:47 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Is there a FAQ for this list? I am trying to solve a problem on my FC1
installation that others have probably seen. I googled the error
message, and searched on the fedora archives, but haven't found an
answer. (google did show others having the problem, but no answers to it).

The error message is 'jazz: dynamic-link.h:57: elf_get_dynamic_info:
Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed.
Aborted' when using the jazz MIDI editing program. I am trying to use a
precompiled version of jazz, since the source code is around 3 years old
and depends on a previous version of the alsa software (the current alsa
version does not allow jazz to compile).

TIA,

Jaime

Jaime J. Davila
Assistant Professor of Computer Science