which repos to use?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Sep 14 17:21:51 UTC 2004

Robin Laing wrote:
> For managing my packages I have tried this package manager.  I find it
> great.
>
> Cobind Software Manager (YUMGUI)
> http://www.cobind.com/yumgui.html
>
> There are a few problems but it makes it quite easy to find out what
> packages are on your machine and what packages are available.  It will
> list updates, installed packages and available packages.  You can check
> which to add, remove or update.

Thomas Chung at fedoranews.org has forked this package and called it gyum (see
http://fedoranews.org/tchung/gyum/), where FC1 & FC2 RPMs can be found. He's
also forked rhn-applet to create yum-applet (see
http://fedoranews.org/tchung/yum-applet/), so you can see in your Gnome/KDE
panel that you're up to date with all updates; this applet allows you to call
up gyum if you right-click on its icon in the notification area.

Paul.