Accidently installed wrong rpm, now I can't get rid of it!

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 15 03:04:08 UTC 2004

Well, I used the --nodeps and it removed the package, but now Synaptic
is telling me I have a broken package, which just so happens to be
lm_sensors. I tried the fix broken packages option, but it wants to
reinstall kernel-utils. If I try to reinstall lm_sensors, it wants to
install kernel-utils. What is the deal with this? If I didn't need
kernel-utils in the first place, why does lm_sensors want it now? How do
I fix the dependency issue without reinstalling kernel-utils? I can't
find a kernel-utils package for the 2.6 kernel, and the 2.4 kernel I
tried just gave me a kernel panic, so dont need the 2.4 kernel utils if
the 2.4 kernel doesn't even work...