where to start to set up wireless?

Jon Savage jonathansavage at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:21:12 UTC 2004

> The error you've seen is caused by not having either of the directories
> /usr/src/RPM or /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES present. One of these needed for
> RPM-building and they are not associated with the kernel source code.
> Try installing the rpm-build package and see if it behaves differently.

> Many modules can build without the source code present in 2.6 that
> needed the source code for 2.4, as the 2.6 kernel RPMs include much of
> what is needed for module-building. It would certainly be worth trying
> installing kernel-sourcecode if the build still fails without it though.
>
> Paul.

This is getting more interesting- the make process is failing
regardless, even on the machine that does has both the
kernel-sourcecode & rpm-build package installed- even w/o using the
RPM argument with make. I'll try to use both the current CVS  and one
release prior of ndiswrappper when I get home tonight. I wonder if the
.01 version of ndiswrapper has  an issue since the older version did
compile & run just fine for me.