Courier-IMAP & sendmail & squirrelmail on fedora ...

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Sep 15 15:19:07 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 15.09.2004 schrieb priou um 7:34:

> why not use dovecot ?
>
> because, the dovecot not accept this config :
>
> auth_passdb = pgsql /usr/local/etc/dovecot-pgsql.conf
> or
> auth_passdb = mysql /usr/local/etc/dovecot-mysql.conf
>

> he return :
> 	- pgsql don't understand ....
> or
> 	- mysql don't undestand ....
>
> somewhere , i read the dovecot doc and i can to see dovecot accept this
> syntaxe ...
> thus I folded back myself towards Courier-IMAP because Squirrelmail configue
> accept directly courrier IMAP ...

> alexandre

Ah, now I remember you. But I must confess I am innerly shaking my head.
And I'll stop making comments on your trials. Why? Because I gave you
the hint, that you need to compile dovecot yourself with MySQL /
PostgreSQL support. The easiest way would be to just get the SRC.RPM and
edit the spec file. You decided to take a different IMAP server - one
which is not part of Fedora Core -, well your choice. Then please read
the docs for it and search google for necessary information to integrate
it with Sendmail and Squirrelmail.

This is not offence, just my point of view when seeing that someone
fiddles around with some software where he has not really an concept of,
nor a clear idea by reading the docs. Why not starting with _easy_
setups, here meaning _without_ an SQL backend for authentication? Get
that to run and then by reading documentation convert to something more
complex. It is your choice and there are certainly enough subscribers on
this list with good knowledge about mail servers. May they have the
patience to help you.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 17:10:11 up 16 days, 14:26, load average: 0.01, 0.17, 0.19