Installation Issue

Megahertz megahertz3002 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 15:36:19 UTC 2004

Sorry about my previous post, I was kinda pissed that
my PC kept rebooting.

I am trying to install Fedora Core 2, I have tested
all the Cd's to make sure they have passed. And they
did. I am running, 366MHz Intel Celeron processor, 4MB
ATI Rage IIC, 64MB SDRAM, 20gig hard drive space and
yes I'm trying to get the distro just to install and
then install a lightweight windows manager (eg.
fluxbox).

This is the problem. I partition like this.
/ = fill max.
/boot = 100MB
<swap> = 190MB

And btw fill max. means, Fill to maximum allowable
size, I thought that was pretty clear but OK.
Everything starts to install just fine. But when I put
in CD 2, and about 3 minutes into the install, it
reboots my computer. I checked to see if anybody else
had this problem and it only happends to people with a
ASUS P4P800 motherboard, or a VIA C3 processor, two of
which I do not have. And as I stated in my original
post, I have already successfully installed Red Hat 9
with no problems. I hope thats enough detail, I can't
really think about anything else to add. Except that I
have tried to install three times, thought it might be
an over heating thing, its not. Right now I got out my
old win98 CD and had to install it (BLEH!) and now I'm
running win98, though I installed fedora core 2, just
the minimum. Worked fine because it only used CD 1.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would really
love to get off this win98 OS!!!!

Megahertz wrote:

Question:
1. When I start the installation process, and I have
to insert disk two, right when it starts to instal
GNOME Termina, it re-boots my computer. What can I do?
RH9 worked fine.

Nice to hear. It would be nicer to hear what you are
trying to install NOW, so that we may help you. I'm
assuming Fedora Core 2? Always give ALL information
please.

2. / = fill max.

And what pray tell is fill max? You don't even specify
how big your hard disk is.

/boot = 100mb
<swap> = 190mb

thoes good values ?

Sure, why not.

Im running 366MHz Intel Celeron processor.
64MB SDRAM.

Dude, that is very tight. You're not installing
graphically are you?

Regards,
Ed.

------Original Post----------------------------------
Question:
1. When I start the installation process, and I have
to insert disk two, right when it starts to instal
GNOME Termina, it re-boots my computer. What can I do?
RH9 worked fine.

2.
/ = fill max.
/boot = 100mb