Squid not authenticating

Marcelo Magno mmagno at blumar.com.br
Wed Sep 15 17:08:05 UTC 2004

Hi I am a begginer user os linux, working on to learn...

Today I had the "GREAT" idea on uncomenting some lines in yum.conf and
when I got yum to update the box. After that Squid stopped
authenticating users...

Starting to browse for the problem, I saw that samba is not
authenticating users on a share on this machine too...

I Remember that yestarday at home, I saw that SAMBA was updated, but i
haven't go further... So I Suspect the problem is in samba.

My samba version is 3.7.0.2 FC2 (and I dont remember was was previously
installed).

wbinfo -u: gives correct information on the users of my domain (W2k
domain)
wbinfo -g: gives correct information about groups
wbinfo -a user%secret: tells me that plain text and chalenge/response
authentication succeded
Wbinfo -t:  succeded

What is the correct way to debug this issue? Any clue is welcome...

Thanks in advance,
Marcelo Magno