Simple file sharing between FC2 and Mac OS X?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Wed Sep 15 23:21:07 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 00:03, Satish Balay wrote:

> yeah - that would be my recommendation as well. And if they need to be
> copied back and forth use - 'rsync -e ssh'

Ah -- I hadn't though of rsync. I've never used it before. Will anything
in particular have to be running on the Mac (assuming I'm running the
rsync command on the FC2 box)?

> And it will be trivial to make sure sshd is always running on the
> linux box and invoke scp/rsync commands on the Mac.

sshd is already running on the FC2 box (it's currently firewalled, but
that's easy to change). I *believe* (not 100% certain) that Mac OS X
comes with sshd enabled by default.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com