Volume Control - Fedora Core 2

Beej-in-GA bryan-smith at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 16 03:41:09 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Ben Halicki
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 7:58 PM
Subject: Volume Control - Fedora Core 2

Hi all,

Anyone know why the volume control is always set to minimum when I first
boot the PC?  Doesn't seem to hold its last setting when I shutdown.

Cheers,

Ben.

Hi Ben,
I assume you are running alsa.  As Root, open a terminal window and run
alsamixer.  Set all levels as you like them.  Then after having done so, run
alsactl and store your settings.  Test by running a detect soundcard.  If
you hear the music at the desired level. Test by rebooting.  If this does
not work, post what hardware you are running.  There may be other things
afoot.
Best Regards,
Beej
--
Please know that I'm very knew to this and only know what I've done that has
worked, and, perhaps more importantly, what hasn't.  All else FM (Farking