WPC54G and Fedora

Javier Perez pepebuho at pananet.com
Thu Sep 16 06:28:10 UTC 2004

I just installed a WPC54G v4 last night on my FC2 machine.
I am using Kernel 2.6.8-1.521 and  downloaded kernel-sourcecode

I used ndiswrapper-0.10

I downloaded the Linksys driver for XP. there are two
drivers in there, one for the Broadcom chip, the other
for a int220p (or something like that) chip.

I used the Broadcom BCM4306 chip driver. The PC ID for my card was
14E4:4320

The system recognizes the card and loads the driver perfect. I still
have to test it with a hotspot to see how well it work, I am installing
an AP at home tomorrow, so I will let you know, but I do not expect
any problem. All systems were go and software behaved as expected according
to the WIKI.

Javier