Simple file sharing between FC2 and Mac OS X?

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Thu Sep 16 14:48:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 00:10 +0100, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into setting up those. I was
> wondering whether there might be an even simpler solution -- mounting an
> external drive via ssh for example (sshd is running on both machines,
> and wouldn't require any additional setup at all).

SSH should work great but you'd need a real user account on her machine.
In Nautilus, don't use ssh:// as it won't prompt for a password and
you'll be left with cryptic error messages.  I use Nautilus with SFTP to
transfer files to/from my laptop, web server, etc.

Open "Computer" on your GNOME desktop then open "File" menu -> "Connect
to Server" item.  Now you can enter a "Location" like
sftp://user@192.168.0.34 and give it a descriptive "Link Name."

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/