Simple file sharing between FC2 and Mac OS X?

dev.loop at gmail.com dev.loop at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:13:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 00:03:49 +0100, D. D. Brierton <darren at dzr-web.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, using Samba might be slightly complicated at my end by
> the fact that I use VMware (and certainly will be using it on Friday,
> testing the site we're prototyping in IE/Win), and VMware comes with its
> own Samba server -- I've no idea whether VMware's Samba server allows
> connections from outside of the host system. FC2's version of Samba is
> installed, but not set up or running.

You can easily solve this by configuring both the VMWare samba server
and FC2's samba server to use the same folder(s).
That way, the same files will appear in both samba shares.

Since a lot of good postings suggested solutions to the basic problem,
i will stick with this sub-problem.

Cheers,
/dev/null