Help building ISO

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Sep 16 19:46:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:28:15 -0700 (PDT), Eskinder Abebe wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to Fedora. I just install the workstation
> version of FC2. Next, I would like to build the entire
> FC2 packages and create an ISO image.

Huh? Please give details. It doesn't get clear why you would like to
do.

> Where do I get started?

With downloading the prebuilt binary packages or the four ISO
images which contain all the packages of FC2.

> >From which source tree should I download?
> Can I build it on the same installation where I have
> installed FC2 workstation version?

What do you want to build? And why do you want to do that?

In case you just want to rpmbuild --rebuild all the src.rpm
packages for fun, go and download ISO images 5-8.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
loadavg: 1.32 1.09 1.03