Gnome-Term scroll problem

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Sep 16 21:13:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Aaron Schlaegel wrote:

> Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>>     If I use the arrows in the scrollbar to scroll multiple lines quickly
>> in gnome-term, the lines at the bottom (those scrolling in) oftem only
>> display the bottom halves of the lines.  Its like the program only re-draws
>> half of each line scrolling in from the bottom because it has to try and
>> draw the next line too.
>
>> Anyone else seen this or know what's going on?

gnome term uses anti-aliased font's so it's performance is going to be
slower than that of xterm under similar circumstances... if you have a
real fast machine and your graphics cards acceleration is mostly supported
it will be smother than if it isn't. my 1ghz crusoe laptop with a rage
mobility chipset scrolls a lot less smoothly than my athlon 64 3000+ with
a geforce 4-4200

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu